Diamond Laser’s top spray tanning tips for best results and best maintenance of your spray tan.
To get the best possible results make sure you:
- Wax or shave at least 8-hours prior to your spray tan
- Use a gentle exfoliator to exfoliate your skin
- Remove any body lotion, deodorant, makeup or jewellery
- Be careful what you wear! We recommend that you wear dark, loose (baggy) clothes and open shoes for after your tan. Tight fitting clothes and shoes can cause skin friction in the first couple of hours after your spray tan and this may affect the outcome of your tan
- Bring a towel to sit on when you leave your tanning session. Bare legs may cause the bronzer to rub off on your car seat.
Note: Any rub-off of the bronzer should easily wash out of most fabrics. However, we recommend that you avoid Nylon or Wool as these may absorb the bronzer.
To protect your tan while it develops:
- Avoid contact with water for the first 2 hours
- Do NOT shower for at least 6 hours
- Use ‘TanWASH’ for your first shower. This is a gentle, non-abrasive shower gel that will be much softer on your spray tanned skin. Avoid using any products that contain AHA’s as these could act as an exfoliant
- After showering, apply moisturiser. Hydrated skin retains the tan longer. Avoid lotions containing alpha hydroxy acids (AHA’s) as these may cause skin exfoliation
- Avoid any activities that may cause skin exfoliation. No hot, luxurious bath after your tan. That will make your skin exfoliate faster; as will rolling in the sand on the beach. A short swim in the sea will not take much off your tan (as long as you use a waterproof sunscreen), however a swim in a chlorinated pool will bleach it
To keep your ‘absolutely stunning’ tan for up to 7+ days:
- Moisturise like crazy!! Before your tan you exfoliated which left the layer of dead skin cells flat and shallow. Then you had your tan, which was developed in the dead skin layer, so now that you’ve had your tan you have to guard against it becoming dry and rubbing off
- Use ‘TAN EXTEND’ at least once daily